Ao.Prof. Dr. Christian Pifl
Department(s): Division of Molecular Neurosciences (Center for Brain Research)
Position: Associate Professor
Birthday: 1st January
Location: Spitalgasse 4
Parkinson Disease, Catecholamine Plasma Membrane Transport Proteins
HPLC with electrochemical detecion for quantitative determination of noradrenaline, dopamine, 3,4-dihydroxyphenyl acetic acid, homovanillic acid, serotonin, 5-hydroxyindol acetic acid.
HPLC with fluorometric detection after precolumn derivatization for quantitative determination of aspartate, glutamate, glutamine, asparagine, glycine, serine, alanine, threonine, taurine, GABA.
Radioligand binding assays, transport and release (superfusion) assays on synaptosomes, synaptic vesicles, transfected cells.
Radiochemical assays for glutamic acid decarboxylase, choline acetyl transferase.
- Hörtnagl H, Pifl C, Hörtnagl E, Reiner A, Sperk G (2019) Distinct gradients of various neurotransmitter markers in caudate nucleus and putamen of the human brain J Neurochem, 152 (6): 650-662
- Pifl C, Rajput A, Reither H, Blesa J, Cavada C, Obeso JA, Rajput AH, Hornykiewicz O (2014) Is Parkinson's Disease a Vesicular Dopamine Storage Disorder? Evidence from a Study in Isolated Synaptic Vesicles of Human and Nonhuman Primate Striatum J Neurosci, 24: 8210-8218
- Pifl C, Stephen J, Kish SJ, Hornykiewicz O (2012) Thalamic noradrenaline in Parkinson's disease: Deficits suggest role in motor and non-motor symptoms Movement Disorders, 27: 1618-1624
- Peneder TM, Scholze P, Berger ML, Reither H, Heinze G, Bertl J, Bauer J, Richfield EK, Hornykiewicz O, Pifl C (2011) Chronic exposure to manganese decreases striatal dopamine turnover in human alpha-synuclein transgenic mice Neuroscience, 180: 280-292
- Sitte HH, Huck S, Reither H, Boehm S, Singer EA, Pifl C (1998) Carrier-mediated release, transport rates and charge transfer induced by amphetamine, tyramine and dopamine in mammalian cells transfected with the human dopamine transporter J Neurochem, 71: 1289-1297
Show all publications